Number One Dental Practice Charter
- Guarantee all restoration carried out by us at our recommendation for a period of one year
- Always sterilise instruments after each use
- Always use quality materials
- Inform you if you are likely to be kept waiting more than 20 minutes as as it becomes apparent
- Provide an estimate if requested within two working days (this is to allow time for X-rays to be developed and checked, which may influence the treatment necessary)
We Expect Our Patients to:
- Receive regular dental examinations (so that problems are found as early as possible)
- Follow any dietary advice (this is to reduce the amount of decay. We dislike fillings as much as you do!!)
- Follow oral hygiene instruction given (this will reduce the chance of you suffering from gum disease, More teeth are lost through gum disease than tooth decay)
- Settle their accounts at each appointment. Postal accounts may incur an administration charge for each communication
Missed Appointments/ Late Cancellations
Please give at least 24 hours notice for cancelling appointments. Although it is rare, it does occasionally happen that pre-booked appointments can be forgotten, or cancelled in too short notice for it to be offered to another patient who needs it. In these circumstances, a charge will be based on the length of your appointment, at £1.00 per minute.
We do our best to minimise time lost in three ways, and we do of course appreciate that on occasion appointments may be missed or cancelled at short notice, through circumstances beyond control. In these circumstances, we are of course sympathetic.
Number One Dental Practice Policy
Our practice aims to provide dental care of a consistent quality, for all patients. In proposing treatment we will take account of your own wishes.
- Explain options, where appropriate, and costs, so that you can make an informed choice.
- Always explain what we are doing
- Keep all information about you confidential
Communication control is also essential to the safety of our patients. Every practice member receives training in practice systems for communication control. We scan all patients for mouth cancer at routine check-ups. We ask patients about tobacco and alcohol use because they increase your oral cancer risk.
All dentists and nurses in the practice take part in continuing professional education, meeting the General Dental Council’s requirements. We aim to keep up-to-date with current thinking on all aspects of general dentistry, including preventative care, which reduces your need for treatment.